Lead A Course
We are always looking for course leaders who love to share their knowledge or passion with an intellectually curious group. If this is you, then please read on! We are a volunteer run non-profit and while we do not offer compensation for leading a course, we do provide several perks and benefits for our course leaders.
The link below will open to a Word document. Enable editing and fill in, save, and forward it to the curriculum committee as an email attachment (email is listed at the top of the form).
Course Leader Benefits & Perks
- Tuition-free early registration in as many courses as you like, either in the semester you are teaching or in the following semester.
- Presentation development support from our knowledgeable curriculum committee.
- Tech support before and during all virtual courses. (Someone helps manage Zoom while you teach the course.)
- Training on A/V equipment for in-person classes and on Zoom for virtual classes.
When are Courses Offered?
Courses are offered twice a year, in the fall and spring. The format is up to the Course Leader; some prefer to lecture, others to lead discussions.
Each semester has an assortment of 90-minute courses that run anywhere from five to ten weeks. (Film courses usually run for two periods.) There are two morning class periods on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and one afternoon class period on Tuesday and Thursday. We can run up to four classes in each time slot. Mondays and Fridays are saved for meetings and special interest groups.
Are Classes Held Virtually
For the Fall 2022 semester, classes will be a mix: some will be held in person, some via Zoom. In-person classes will be held in classrooms at Temple Shir Tikva, 141 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA.
We use four classrooms that can accommodate up to 20 participants and a larger hall that can accommodate over 50 participants.
For additional information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an independent collaborative run by volunteers, we welcome all types of support to keep LLAIC thriving.
Our main purpose is lifelong learning; therefore our wonderful volunteer Course Leaders are an essential element of our success. But we don’t neglect the social aspects of life. We need people to run our affinity groups and serve on our committees. We need people to greet members at the doors which are kept locked for safety and security. Some days we need administrative help or assistance in setting up and cleaning up after a meeting.
Everyone at LLAIC pitches in. It’s part of our collaborative spirit and camaraderie! If you are able to offer assistance of any kind, please let us know. Please reach out to us at email@example.com
How to Donate
Donations to LLAIC are always gratefully accepted.
Not only will you be helping your collaborative program, but since we are a 501(c)(3) organization, your donation is potentially tax-deductible.
There are several ways to donate:
1. Online with a Credit Card
Please do not use a $ sign or a comma in specifying the amount. There is a simple four-click process. (See below for the step-by-step process.) Click here to donate online with a credit card. Your payment will be confirmed as a donation.
2. Or Send a Check
Please make checks out to LLAIC and send them to our Treasurer
21 Old Stagecoach Road
Bedford MA 01730
3. Donate via Your Amazon Purchases
Did you know that you can help LLAIC every time you order something from Amazon? This is a painless/costless (to you) way of contributing to LLAIC.
How to Set Up Donations from Amazon
Rather than going to amazon.com, type smile.amazon.com in your browser. (Don’t forget to bookmark it.) The first time you go there you will be asked to select a charity to support. Select “Lifelong Learners: An Independent Collaborative.” Thereafter, use smile.amazon.com rather than amazon.com and LLAIC will receive 0.5% of every eligible purchase.
Steps to Follow for Online Donation.
- Have your credit card at hand;
- Be prepared to log into your online account with your username and password. If you’ve forgotten them, click on “Forgot password” and you will be able to choose new ones.
- Go to the webpage for your donation (given above, the same page as for online registration);
- Log into your account;
- Click on the “Donate” button at the upper right – this will take you to the donation page.
- Enter the requested information. (Please do not use a $ sign or a comma in specifying the donation amount.) Then click on “Add to pending registrations.” (Note that your donation will look like a course registration in the ProClass program);
- Click on “Checkout” on the next page;
- Review your donation and then click on “Continue”;
- Enter your credit card information and click on “Submit.”
We thank you for your support of the LLAIC program.